It turns out that I'm a freelance developer! How lucky is that!
Things I'm good at doing:
- Designing software from the ground up.
- Fixing old software which doesn't work so well any more.
- Talking to programmers, system admins, end clients, and non-technical people.
- Finding (and fixing) the cause of bugs, not just the symptoms.
- Making things that work.
Don't hire me to:
- Bake a cake
- *Dance the Can-can
- Walk your dog
What have other people said about me:
"One of Sam's best strengths is the diversity of his skills. He is very competent in front end technologies; he is a very capable programmer; he has excellent sys-admin skills; and he can handle direct communications with clients and most project management tasks."
-- Tom Cameron, Mooball IT
"Sam has a great mix of coding chops, raw intelligence and a love of clean code. You can send him at big, complex problems and get back an elegant solution. I especially value his opinion when we are making big picture decisions on how our code base should be structured. I'm thrilled to have him on our team."
-- Johnny Goodman, CPAP.com
If you have a project in mind that you want to get done right, then you should contact me.
* Not that I can't bake a mean cake, but I'm not in the cake business.